Dr. Anna Kemble
My passion for working with couples is fueled by my belief that every individual has the fundamental right to experience intimacy, to love fiercely, and to feel empowered in their romantic lives.
Anna Kemble is a sexuality and relationship therapist and clinical psychologist. As a relationship specialist, she helps people who feel stuck in destructive patterns that hold them back from a fulfilling romantic relationship. She works to pull individuals out of these patterns by providing a fresh perspective for clients to create intimate, enjoyable, and liberating lives. Anna has a holistic approach that honors all aspects of identity, including age, race/ethnicity, gender, and cultural background.
In addition to her doctoral-level training in clinical psychology, Anna holds a master’s degree in human sexuality and has received specialized training in relationship, sexuality, and gender-related issues. Anna’s extensive training has allowed her to cultivate an expertise in treating a variety of intimacy concerns such as communication issues, difficulty connecting, and sexual concerns. She also has experience treating a wide array of clientele, including individuals of various worldviews, sexual orientations, genders, and outlooks on relationships. Anna’s background has instilled in her an inclusive understanding of humanity, where every issue, thought, feeling, and opinion is open for discussion.
Working with Anna means sitting across the room from a clinician who understands how difficult and, at times, frightening, therapy can be. She meets clients’ courage in sharing the deepest parts of themselves with admiration, appreciation, and respect. Anna provides a safe, non-judgmental, sex-positive space to help couples detangle complicated issues and identify new ways of feeling, loving, and being.
- I live by the philosophy that
- a fulfilling life has three ingredients: love, work, and play.
- I could spend every day
- outside in nature, breathing in fresh air.
- As a therapist, I
- strive to help my clients feel comfortable and understood by matching their humanity with my own. I believe the highest degree of respect I can give my clients is to share myself in a way that makes the therapy feel affirming and safe.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Widener University
- M.Ed., Human Sexuality, Widener University
- B.A. in Psychology, Rutgers University
- Internship, West Chester University Counseling & Psychological Services
- Trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Philadelphia Society of Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Division 39 of the American Psychological Association, Division of Psychoanalysis
- Excellence in Theoretical Dissertation Award
- LGB, transgender, non-binary, asexual
- Poly Affirming