Dr. Jennifer DeBerardinis
Therapy is the experience of sitting with human suffering and finding the meaning and beauty behind it. It is so powerful to explore this with someone who can sit in that space with you.
Jennifer is a clinical psychologist who specializes in couples work, including interracial and intercultural couples work, repairing from affairs, and issues with trust and intimacy. She completed her doctorate at The Wright Institute in Berkeley, CA where she was extensively trained in multicultural issues. She uses this training and framework to support individuals and couples of marginalized identities in therapy. She helps to bridge understanding within couples to foster understanding and closeness. Couples may sometimes feel that their differences are a barrier and Jennifer gently guides the dynamic so that differences can be viewed as a source of bonding and connection.
Jennifer is trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Systems Theory, which advises her work with couples. During both couples and individual treatment she takes a compassion-based approach to foster understanding, safety, and hope. She has extensive experience in working with diverse populations and welcomes couples of every background into therapy. One of her main goals is to work collaboratively with couples in order to develop resiliency, foster re-connection, and build lasting trust and intimacy.
Jennifer provides a warm and calming presence that will help you feel comfortable to be yourself in your most honest form. You can trust that she will be honest and direct when needed while maintaining a supportive and compassionate stance. She has the ability to lean into moments when necessary to foster positive changes in your life and to help you achieve your goals in therapy.
- I live by the philosophy that
- our differences are what make us beautiful.
- I could spend every day
- sitting outside in the sun with a good book in my hand.
- As a therapist, I
- feel honored to be let into the parts of life that so few people get to bear witness to.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, The Wright Institute
- B.A., Psychology, Temple University
- Trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA)
- AAPA Division on Asian Americans with Multiple Heritages