Dr. Hannah Boes
Entering therapy is a profound act of trust and hope. Once you begin this journey, our work will be to help you dissolve the barriers between you and the whole person you have always been.
Hannah is a sexuality, relationship, and trauma therapist. She specializes in helping people face shame and move toward a stance of loving compassion toward themselves and others. She has extensive experience working with trauma survivors to find intimacy, self-love, and embodiment after abuse or assault. Hannah is committed to anti-oppressive practice, meaning she is sensitive to dynamics of power and privilege and strives to build relationships with clients that are experienced as safe for and accessible to people across all identity dimensions.
Hannah establishes authentic connections through a flexible approach that views clients as experts in their own experience and goals. Hannah takes seriously the process of earning her clients’ trust and will meet you with warmth as you experiment with new ways of relating to yourself and others. Hannah’s approach is informed by an integration of therapeutic modalities, including self-compassion, somatics, attachment theory, psychodynamics, and existentialism.
Working with Hannah is to engage with someone deeply honored to be in the room with you. You’ll notice that Hannah truly appreciates the chance to know you as you are and will hear you from a place of acceptance and curiosity. Hannah will help you fully experience and find meaning in your pain, while making ample room to acknowledge and celebrate your many triumphs.
- I live by the philosophy that
- just because you can do it alone does not mean you must.
- I could spend every day
- sitting around a campfire with good friends and a guitar.
- As a therapist, I
- welcome every part of you into the room so that we might both come to know you better.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Widener University
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Widener University
- M.Ed., Human Sexuality, Widener University
- B.A., English, College of William and Mary
- B.A., Psychology, College of William and Mary
- Internship, Millersville University Center for Counseling and Human Development
- Trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Certified Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Philadelphia Society of Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Health at Every Size
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women’s Sexuality
- Blended Families